Monday 31 August 2015

FORAGED APPLE & BLACKBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS

31 AUGUST 2015



Despite spending the majority of the bank holiday weekend indoors for various reasons (the torrential rain being one of them!), I did manage to get out in the garden briefly with my mum on Saturday afternoon to pick some of the fruits I've noticed ripening over the last few weeks. It's a bit of a jungle at the bottom of our garden. We've got two apple trees and forest of brambles that have crept over from our neighbour's garden - annoying as they are, the blackberries they've produced are beautifully sweet. 




It might seem a little childish, but there's something so exciting about eating fruits that you've literally just picked. So, to make the most of our spoils, I whipped up a little batch of blackberry and apple breakfast muffins. I used the same recipe as for these healthy blueberry and apple breakfast muffins, but just changed the fruit and swapped the wholemeal flour for a mixture of spelt and rye to give a little more richness to the flavour.


 Give them a try, oh and let me know how you get on! x

1 comment: