Sunday 5 July 2015

THE LITTLE THINGS...

5 JULY 2015

Hi guys, there have been quite a few things making me smile lately. It's funny, I find now that I'm looking for stuff I can put in this post, I seem to find more things that bring a smile to my face than I ever realised! It just goes to show that the little things do really slip past you unless you take the time to consciously appreciate them...

1. DATE NIGHT...
We hadn't been on a date night for ages, so last Friday's spontaneous cinema date was soooo nice. We saw Spy which was hilarious and I had one of my favourite treats of all time - Fentiman's Cherry Tree Cola! Oh, and who doesn't love any opportunity for a we're-going-on-a-date-night car selfie?



The walk back to the car was also really pretty - there's something so calming about being outside when the sun has finally set on warm summer's night...




2. BLUE...
Our cat, Blue, is just the cutest thing in the world. He is supposed to be a house cat but we let him out for the first time this week - there's only so much I can take of his pawing at the kitchen window and pathetic mewing at the birds outside. With us spending so much time gardening at the moment, it almost seemed cruel to leave him locked up inside. 


I was terrified he would run away or towards the main road and we'd never see him again. As it happens, he barely ventures outside the garden, preferring to just stay with us when we're out there. If he does wander out of sight he comes when he's called, so it's a win-win really, I just feel bad that we didn't let him out sooner!



3. MORE NEW PURCHASES...
I know I've already featured the ladder shelf, but it is my favourite thing is the house at the moment. It's filling up so nicely now! The most recent purchases we made were the two rectangular terrariums and the candles to fill them, all from Liv's - quite honestly the best interiors shop I've ever been in and my go-to when I'm looking for something a bit unique. Oh, and the staff are amazing and it's on our doorstep too!




4. NATURE...
It's usually spring that has me in awe of nature's beauty, but this year it's proving to be summer. My peace lily - a gift from my Mum when we bought the house a year ago - has just opened it's second flower, and these sunflowers I bought for my new vase are just so beautiful!







5. FAMILY TIME IN THE HEATWAVE...
I'm lucky that I get to see my family every week and spend quality time with them, but that time just seems to feel a bit more special when there's gorgeous sunshine and long evenings to spend it in. 

We went to Digbeth Dining Club on Friday night which is always a great night...





...and we had a BBQ with my Mum and Dad on Saturday night (#meatoverload) which ended with this gorgeous sunset. Happy times. x





1 comment:

  1. I don't really know what to say, but as usual a well written and lovely blog. Photos are great too. You should have put the photo in of the fuchsia that is now in bud after being transported from your house to mine. x

    ReplyDelete