Sunday 26 October 2014

POLPO

26 OCTOBER 2014

I've been feeling a little uninspired lately, particularly in the kitchen. I have a few good recipes in my arsenal, but still always seem to be eating the same things. I think we're all a bit guilty of that sometimes - after a long day at work, the last thing you feel like doing is cooking something extravagant from scratch. The problem is, it ends up getting boring, especially when you're trying to keep things relatively healthy as well. 


When I fancy trying a new recipe, my first port of call is usually the internet. As good as online recipes can be, I fancied buying myself a recipe book that I can keep and refer to to time and time again. So, I perused the listings on Amazon and Polpo came up.


Not only did its exposed spine and unusual typographical style stand out to me as unique, but this book received excellent reviews from the public and focuses on my favourite cuisine: Italian, or Venetian to be precise. Polpo follows the journey of restaurant owner and chef, Russell Norman, as he explores the recipes that have inspired him during his travels to travels to the beautiful city of Venice. 


So far we have only tried a couple of recipes, but they have both been amazing and I can't wait to try more. The recipes are easy to follow and are beautifully written with a friendly, humourous commentary. Immaculately styled, this book is a true pleasure to read, and looks great on my bookshelf too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment