Monday 27 January 2014

LAZY MONDAY: FRENCH TOAST

27 JANUARY 2013

I skipped lazy Sunday this week and decided to do lazy Monday instead. A very much spontaneous use of my remaining annual leave had me sleeping soundly rather than dragging myself out of bed at 6am this morning. With the extra time on my hands I thought I'd have something a bit different for breakfast. It's been a long time since I've had French toast - cinnamony and indulgent, this recipe for French toast is the perfect lazy morning treat. Enjoy!




INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)

4 slices of white bread (crusty bread works best)
1 large egg
2-3 tablespoons of full fat milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Maple syrup to taste
1 banana (optional)

METHOD:

Whisk together the egg, milk and cinnamon in a shallow bowl until fully combined. Coat either side of each slice of bread by dipping it in the mixture. 

Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan or griddle pan. Fry your bread until golden brown on both sides. Serve with fresh sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup.


LOVE | Hannah

1 comment: