Wednesday 22 January 2014

HEAVEN SCENT

22 JANUARY 2014

I don't know about you, but after Christmas and with the new year looming, I felt like I needed a clear out. Having purged my room of clutter it looked homely for the first time in years, but there was something missing: a homely fragrance.

I toyed with the idea of buying something from John Lewis or The White Company - those stores always smell so beautiful - but after shopping around I felt I couldn't justify the price of these top-of-the-range diffusers. A single diffuser was priced at anywhere between £15 and £20 without refills or spare reeds. So, I decided to make my own...



I purchased a Stoneglow diffuser refill in the delicately yummy fragrance of White Tea and Wisteria for £12 from John Lewis and some spare diffuser reeds (you can 20 of these from Sainsbury's for a £1 or so). I poured my fragrance into a bottle from Lakeland which cost me £1.99 and finished with a cut-off of white ribbon tied in a bow. Simple and easy. Despite the initial investment, this homemade diffuser will last me many months longer than a ready-made version costing the same amount, and I get the satisfaction of having made it myself!

LOVE | Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment